Wednesday 25 January 2012

Lancs: 25th Jan 2012.

A fair amount of effort today started with a 1.5hrs of attempted Gull watching at Whinney Hill Tip. The Gulls were not being cooperative, so I moved on to Rishton Reservoir, Brockholes, and Over Wyre where I failed to find anything amongst the three sizeable groups of Pink-feet I located and I eventually succumbed to twitching the Knott End Black Redstart. A Little Egret showed well on the saltmarsh at Knott End. Three small herds of Whooper Swans totalling 18 birds were seen whilst driving around in the search for Pink-feet.

I headed back via Eagland Hill where a flock of c30 Corn Bunting came up from stubble, perching nicely in a roadside Hawthorn. Nothing of note was seen in the Fishmoor Res Gull roost.

Above: Black Redstart - KnottEnd.
Below: Corn Buntings - Eagland Hill.